MORE NEWS FROM WXOW
STORMTRACKER 19 WEATHER
CONNECT WITH WXOW
UP TO THE MINUTE
- North Carolina to hold hearing on undecided US House race
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump spins fiction about diversity visas
- Aurora shooting victims included plant manager, intern
- The Latest: Booker talks policy, plays Pac-Man at barcade
- Team LeBron rallies to beat Team Giannis, 178-164
- Club gymnastics meet benefits Children’s Miracle Network
- Sixth grade Sunday school class collecting donated diapers
- Grode top local finisher at state ski tournament
On Saturday afternoon, the Central/Logan snowboarding team took home the state title for the fifth straight year. On Sunday, the ski team looked to follow suit in day one of the ski state tournament.
West Salem senior Joe Wopat made his senior exit project a memorable one. Joe organized a wheel chair basketball all-star game.
UW-La Crosse hosted a much anticipated girls basketball match-up between Onalaska and Melrose-Mindoro. Both teams received number one seeds in the state tournament, but they are in different divisions.
Aquinas and Tomah faced off for an MVC match-up on Saturday afternoon at Aquinas high school.
La Crescent’s winning streak came to an end at the hands of the Caledonia Warriors on Saturday.
The UW-La Crosse women’s basketball team already secured the three seed for the conference tournament next week. The Eagles will host the first round game next Wednesday. On Saturday, they wrapped up the regular season against UW-Stout.
The La Crosse Central/Logan boys snowboarding team finished in first place overall winning the state tournament for the 5th straight year.
Many local teams were in Verona on Saturday for the wrestling individual sectional tournament. Those teams included Holmen, Tomah, Sparta, Onalaska/Luther, and La Crosse Logan/Central