(WISN) — If you’ve been considering adopting a cat, July is the month to do it. Fourteen shelters in 12 Wisconsin counties are all waiving adoption fees for adult cats (1 year or older) in July.
The "I Cat Believe It!" joint cat adoption promotion aims to save the lives of more than 1,000 homeless cats in July.
"Cat population dips sharply in winter and rises fast in the summer months due to breeding cycles. Our colleagues throughout Wisconsin report similar trends, and we’re hoping this promotion will inspire more cat adoptions throughout the state," said Anne Reed, president and CEO of the Wisconsin Humane Society.
The participating shelters include:
- Coulee Region Humane Society
- Elmbrook Humane Society
- Humane Animal Welfare Society
- Humane Society of Marathon County
- Lakeshore Humane Society
- Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission
- Oconto Area Humane Society
- Oshkosh Area Humane Society
- Washington County Humane Society
- Wisconsin Humane Society Door County Campus
- Wisconsin Humane Society Green Bay Campus
- Wisconsin Humane Society (Milwaukee, Racine, Ozaukee)