Skip to Content

No injuries after carbon monoxide scare at old Wettstein’s building in La Crosse

La Crosse, Wis. (WXOW) – The La Crosse Fire Department responded to a call for carbon monoxide issues at the old Wettstein’s building in downtown La Crosse Monday morning.

According to the department, workers cutting concrete in the basement produced fumes the old building did not ventilate well.

The fire department went through every room, opening windows and directing fans until levels were safe.

Around 12 tenants were displaced for over three hours, though there were no injuries.

Peter Lenz

Skip to content