Skip to Content

CANCELED: Statewide alert for homicide suspect canceled after arrest

Shavonte-Thompson
Shavonte Thompson
shavonte-thompson-1
Javier-Ayers-Javier-Hall
Javier Hall

UPDATE: The statewide alert for Shavonte Thompson is canceled after La Crosse Police said he was arrested earlier on Friday in Peoria, Illinois.


LA CROSSE, Wis. (WXOW) - The La Crosse Police Department, through the state's Department of Justice, has issued a statewide alert in the search for a man wanted in connection with a November homicide.

Police said that Shavonte Thompson is identified as the suspect in the shooting of Javier Hall on November 2 off of Copeland Avenue.

Officers were called to the 900 block around 9:40 p.m. and found the wounded Hall. He was taken to a La Crosse hospital where he passed away from his injuries.

Police said the investigation into the shooting identified Thompson as the person who fired the gun that killed Hall.

An arrest warrant is now out for Thompson. He also has a warrant out for a separate shooting incident in the summer of 2019.

Police consider him armed and dangerous.

According to the alert, Thompson may have fled to Rochester, Minnesota or Peoria, Illinois. He also has ties, police said, to Milwaukee and Chicago.

The alert said it was sent statewide due to officer safety factors and efforts to find Thompson and take him into custody.

They also provided a description of Thompson. He is a 27-year-old black male, 5'3", weighing 150 lbs. He has brown eyes and black hair. He may also have shaved his beard off.

Anyone with information on Thompson can contact the La Crosse Police Department at 608-789-7219 and ask for Det. Sgt. Ryan Fitzgerald.

WXOW Staff

Skip to content