LA CROSSE, Wis. (WXOW) - La Crosse is receiving more than a half million dollars from the federal government to help respond to economic and housing issues resulting from the COVID-19 crisis.
The money comes from the "CARES" act which was signed into law last week.
Senator Tammy Baldwin announced the state was receiving more than $37 million in community development block grants distributed around the state.
La Crosse's share is $518,988.
The money will now be used for community development initiatives to support workers and families during the public health crisis.
- Follow our full Coronavirus coverage HERE.
- Latest closures and cancellations including churches, organizations, and events HERE.
- All other significant cancellations and delays are posted HERE.
- Additional links on COVID-19 are Here
- Sign up for COVID-19 Updates
- Live Map: Coronavirus cases in Wisconsin
- Live Map: COVID-19 cases in the US