(WXOW) – The La Crosse Community Theatre, a place that provides opportunity and creativity for all, as staff describes it, is hosting it’s ‘Raise Your Mic’ event. This event is a singing competition that will uncover the ‘best vocalist in the 7 Rivers Region’. The winner will be determined by a panel of local celebrity judges and the public vote. The event will be Tuesday, July 16 at 7:00 p.m. at the Weber Center for the Performing Arts.
The competitors will sing a wide variety of songs from different genres like rock, country, acoustic, and more. Raise Your Mic is a fundraiser that will benefit The Salvation Army of La Crosse and The La Crosse Community Theatre’s education program. The fundraising aspect comes into play through the audience, how voting works is through purchased raffle tickets that are a dollar each. The competitor with the most raffle tickets plus votes from the judges wins.
If you’d like audition: June 17 and 18, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Registration required to reserve an audition time. Registrants must pay a $10 registration fee.
- Open to ages 14 and up
- All performers under age 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a permission form at auditions.
- May compete as a soloist or in a group of up to 5 people
- Must perform the same song at the competition as used to audition
- Song choices must be appropriate for all audiences and are subject to approval
- The song must be performed from memory
- The audition will be performed acapella unless accompanying yourself on piano or acoustic guitar.
- A piano will be available for auditions. Must provide own guitar, if using.
You can get your tickets here.